TEN THINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR AT THANKSGIVING
Sometimes we forget to be thankful for the things we have and instead gripe about the things we wish we had. With Thanksgiving just around the corner, I have come up with ten things to be thankful for during the Thanksgiving holidays and all through the year.
1. Family and friends, and the joy and heartache they can bring
2. A warm home – old or new, big or small, it’s yours
3. Feeling safe in your own home – many people don’t
4. Food – even if you’re dieting – or especially if you’re dieting
5. Warm clothing and the option to always buy more – most women will agree
6. A job to go to and time away from that job
7. A car that starts on a cold morning when you are late for that job
8. Being able to stay home and be lazy sometimes
9. Pets and the warmth and understanding they bring to your life
10. A good book – enough said
I could go on and on but you would quit reading. You have your own list and it is probably better than mine. The important thing is taking the time to notice the good things in your life. Sometimes they are so good you can’t ignore them and sometimes you have to go hunting for the good stuff. But it is always there if you look hard enough.
Now go and enjoy that Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings – with all those crazy people in your life – and be thankful that you have them. Happy Thanksgiving!